Brixton Book Group Award Winning Golden Medal Book Group Prize Award for the Best Book We’ve Read
We are currently voting for the 2021 Brixton Book Group Award Winning Golden Medal Book Group Prize Award for the Best Book We’ve Read – you can vote here if you’re quick: https://brixtonbookgroup.com/brixton-book-group-christmas-curry/
Here is the list of the past winners in case anyone wanted to know. I *think* the first one was in 2014, but please let me know if you can find evidence of anything earlier.
- 2014 – The Goldfinch – Donna Tartt
- 2015 – Station Eleven – Emily St John Mandel
- 2016 – Nothing to Envy – Barbara Demick
- 2017 – A Fine Balance – Rohinton Mistry
- 2018 – You Could Do Something Amazing With Your Life [You Are Raoul Moat] – Andrew Hankinson
- 2019 – His Bloody Project – Graeme Macrae Burnet
- 2020 – Milkman – Anna Burns (no blog post because we did a zoom poll, as was the fashion at the time)
- 2021 – Piranesi – Susanna Clarke – as announced at our Christmas party on Thurs 9th – another worthy winner for 2021
Good to see that we were reading about pandemics long before living in one (Station Eleven) and reading about a corrupt country where the leader has dreadful hair long before living in one (Nothing To Envy).