On Thursday the book group spoke for the silent man, and though not all were “hep to the Shep” The Lacuna proved successful at generating debate on election day. Our next book will transport us away from America and Mexico, to the other side of the globe and the end of the world: On The Beach by Nevil Shute.
The meeting will be on Thursday the 24th of May in Mango Landin @7.30. The other nominations were:
- Erasure by Percival Everett
- The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster
- Call The Midwife by Jennifer Worth
- A Little History of the World by Ernst Gombrich
- A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
- Poor Economics by Abhijit Banerjee